Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET xmlns=''> was not expected problem

ASP.NET xmlns=''> was not expected problem

pei_world

I have followed a example from a book exactly, but it seems not working at
all.
can anyone tell me what is going on?

========= Global.asax.cs ============

public static Entry LoadEntry(String filename)
{
//construct the path
String filepath = XMLFilePath + "\\" + filename;
FileStream f = null;
Entry newEntry;

try
{
//open the file
f = new FileStream(filepath,FileMode.Open);

//create a serializer...
XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Entry));
newEntry = (Entry)serializer.Deserialize(f);
}
finally
{
//close the file
f.Close();
}
//retrun the entry..
return newEntry;
}

====== default.aspx.cs =======

Entry entry = Global.LoadEntry("address.xml");
this.lblCatalog.Text = entry.Catalog;
this.lblName.Text = entry.Name;
this.lblAddress.Text = entry.Address;

===== address.xml ========

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Addr xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<Catalog>novel</Catalog>
<Name>Sina</Name>
<Web>http://www.sina.com.cn</Web>
</Addr>

S. Justin Gengo

Pei_World,

What is the error you are receiving?

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
"pei_world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have followed a example from a book exactly, but it seems not working at
> all.
> can anyone tell me what is going on?
>

> ========= Global.asax.cs ============
>
> public static Entry LoadEntry(String filename)
> {
> //construct the path
> String filepath = XMLFilePath + "\\" + filename;
> FileStream f = null;
> Entry newEntry;
>
> try
> {
> //open the file
> f = new FileStream(filepath,FileMode.Open);
>
> //create a serializer...
> XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Entry));
> newEntry = (Entry)serializer.Deserialize(f);
> }
> finally
> {
> //close the file
> f.Close();
> }
> //retrun the entry..
> return newEntry;
> }
>

> ====== default.aspx.cs =======

> Entry entry = Global.LoadEntry("address.xml");
> this.lblCatalog.Text = entry.Catalog;
> this.lblName.Text = entry.Name;
> this.lblAddress.Text = entry.Address;
>
> ===== address.xml ========
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <Addr xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
> <Catalog>novel</Catalog>
> <Name>Sina</Name>
> <Web>http://www.sina.com.cn</Web>
> </Addr>

pei_world

Server Error in '/WebAddress' Application.
----

<Addr xmlns=''> was not expected.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: <Addr xmlns=''> was not
expected.

Source Error:

Line 93: //create a serializer...
Line 94: XmlSerializer serializer = new
XmlSerializer(typeof(Entry));
Line 95: newEntry = (Entry)serializer.Deserialize(f);
Line 96: }
Line 97: finally

Source File: .......global.asax.cs Line: 95

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: <Addr xmlns=''> was not expected.]

Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlS erializationReader1.Read4_
Entry()

[InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (2, 2).]
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize (XmlReader xmlReader,
String encodingStyle)
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize (Stream stream)
WebAddress.Global.LoadEntry(String filename) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webaddress\global.asax.cs:95
WebAddress.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webaddress\default.aspx.cs:44
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

"pei_world" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have followed a example from a book exactly, but it seems not working at
> all.
> can anyone tell me what is going on?
>

> ========= Global.asax.cs ============
>
> public static Entry LoadEntry(String filename)
> {
> //construct the path
> String filepath = XMLFilePath + "\\" + filename;
> FileStream f = null;
> Entry newEntry;
>
> try
> {
> //open the file
> f = new FileStream(filepath,FileMode.Open);
>
> //create a serializer...
> XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Entry));
> newEntry = (Entry)serializer.Deserialize(f);
> }
> finally
> {
> //close the file
> f.Close();
> }
> //retrun the entry..
> return newEntry;
> }
>

> ====== default.aspx.cs =======

> Entry entry = Global.LoadEntry("address.xml");
> this.lblCatalog.Text = entry.Catalog;
> this.lblName.Text = entry.Name;
> this.lblAddress.Text = entry.Address;
>
> ===== address.xml ========
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <Addr xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
> <Catalog>novel</Catalog>
> <Name>Sina</Name>
> <Web>http://www.sina.com.cn</Web>
> </Addr>

S. Justin Gengo

Pei,

It looks like the error is actually in your xml document itself.

--
> [...]

> > //construct the path
> > String filepath = XMLFilePath + "\\" + filename;
> > FileStream f = null;
> > Entry newEntry;
> >
> > try
> > {
> > //open the file
> > f = new FileStream(filepath,FileMode.Open);
> >
> > //create a serializer...
> > XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Entry));
> > newEntry = (Entry)serializer.Deserialize(f);
> > }
> > finally
> > {
> > //close the file
> > f.Close();
> > }
> > //retrun the entry..
> > return newEntry;
> > }
> >

> > ====== default.aspx.cs =======

> > Entry entry = Global.LoadEntry("address.xml");

pei_world

I try to retrieve data in my adapter, no problem at all.
can you check it for me? Xml file is also included.