Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CreateTextFile in secure FTP folder

CreateTextFile in secure FTP folder

Jennifer

Hello

I get permission denied at line 4 in the following ASP Script
<%
dim fs,f
set fs=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject ")
set f=fs.CreateTextFile("test.txt",true)
response.write "here"
f.write("Hello World!")
f.write("How are you today?")
f.close
set f=nothing
set fs=nothing
%>

I have write permission on the folder, but the folder is also secured for
FTP. Should I somehow pass FTP permissions in this script?

Kind Regards

Jennifer

Old Pedant

"Jennifer" wrote:

> I have write permission on the folder, but the folder is also secured for
> FTP. Should I somehow pass FTP permissions in this script?

It's not relevant whether _you_ have permisson on the folder. The question
is whether IIS has permissions. ASP runs under the aegis of the IIS "user",
which is named "IUSR_xxx" where "xxx" is the name of the machine where IIS is
running.

*THAT* is the user that must have full persmissions on the folder.

Jennifer

Thank you Old Pedant

"Old Pedant" wrote:

> "Jennifer" wrote:
>
> > I have write permission on the folder, but the folder is also secured for
> > FTP. Should I somehow pass FTP permissions in this script?

> It's not relevant whether _you_ have permisson on the folder. The question
> is whether IIS has permissions. ASP runs under the aegis of the IIS "user",
> which is named "IUSR_xxx" where "xxx" is the name of the machine where IIS is
> running.
>
> *THAT* is the user that must have full persmissions on the folder.

francis

Hi,

I noticed that if use

set f=fs.CreateTextFile("c:\test.txt",true)

intead of

set f=fs.CreateTextFile("test.txt",true)

the program runs fine. Is the problem still connected with IUSR_xxx?

Thanks