Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > listbox with 2 columns and a vertical bar - how to create it in HTML?

listbox with 2 columns and a vertical bar - how to create it in HTML?

zalek

Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and a
vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).

Thanks,

Zalek

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
zalek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and a
> vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).

Like this:

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>

?

--
dorayme

Bob Barrows [MVP]

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> zalek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and
>> a vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).
>>

> Like this:
>
> <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>
>
> ?

Was this a failure to understand, or were you making the subtle point that
it could not be done?
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Jeff North

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:40:42 -0700 (PDT), in comp.lang.javascript
zalek <(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>| Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and a
>| vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).
>|
>| Thanks,
>|
>| Zalek

<select name="lb" size="1" style="font-family: monospace">

<option>R1C1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|
R1C2</option>
<option>Row 2 Col1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;| Row2
Col2</option>
<option>Row 3 Column 1 | Row 3 Colmn 2</option>
</select>
----------------
IOW, style to use monospaced fonts and use &nbsp; to pad the first
column to the desired width.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
>> dorayme wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>,

>>> Like this:
>>>
>>> <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>
>>>
>>> ?

>> Was this a failure to understand, or were you making the subtle
>> point that it could not be done?

> Hmm. It wasn't clear in the OP but I'm guessing you said this because
> you think the OP wants two columns with ONE scroll bar? Yes?

Yes. The OP after all does say "a listbox", so an example showing two
listboxes is probably not what the OP wants.
Jeff showed a kludge to accomplish this. Hopefully that will satisfy the
OP.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

dorayme

In article <Oj0Dl8G$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > zalek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe someone can show me an example of a listbox with 2 columns and
> >> a vertical bar created by HTML (JavaScript is OK).
> >>

> > Like this:
> >
> > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/listSideBySideScroll.html>
> >
> > ?

> Was this a failure to understand, or were you making the subtle point that
> it could not be done?

Looks like it was a too hasty response of mine and was a failure to take
the OP literally. I simply thought he meant to have a couple of lists
and to have some scrollbars and was not making any point beyond this.

(I am not capable of great subtlety, I am sort of Australian you see...)

--
dorayme