Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Uploading Large Files

Uploading Large Files

Dan

MS won't seem to let me reply to my old post, so I created a new one.

The error occurs in all browsers. It's definitely a server issue, not client.
The server is not proxied in any way.
I tried uploading the files on the server and experienced the same issues as
I get on any other computer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dan

> When uploading about 20mb worth (10x2mb files), I get the following
> error (thrown from firefox). I tried changing Response.Expires,
> Server.ScriptTimeout, and the connection timeout setting for the
> website in IIS.

Is Firefox the only affected browser?

> Connection Interrupted
> The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
> The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection.
> Please try again.
>
> When uploading about 2-10mb worth of files, I get an error thrown by
> ASP. The error typically just means that AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed
> needs to be increased, but since I've already increased it as high as
> it can go, I'm really confused.

Is there any chance this server is behind a proxy (reverse or otherwise)?
Can you duplicate this behavior on the server itself (by logging into the
server and using the web client on the machine to upload a large file)?