Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > reading file from a server

reading file from a server

CrisRobin

Hello

i understand i can not use Scripting.FileSystemObject to read a file
that resident on another server and i need to use something else.

Any Help?

Thank you

Bob Barrows [MVP]

CrisRobin wrote:
> Hello
>
> i understand i can not use Scripting.FileSystemObject to read a file
> that resident on another server and i need to use something else.

That may or may not be true: are your servers both in the same domain? If
so, read here:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168 (the article is about using Access
database files, but what it has to say about permissions is relevant)

Otherwise, read here:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET