Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > File upload/download

File upload/download

Mangler

Does anyone know of anything that will allow uploads to a server then
show the URL of the file so the user can send and email to someone so
it can be downloaded? I looked at huge asp upload and couldnt tell if
it would show the url to the user. It has an email option but i
cannot see if it does what i want it to do and i dont see anywhere on
the site to find out.

Tim Slattery

Mangler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know of anything that will allow uploads to a server then
>show the URL of the file so the user can send and email to someone so
>it can be downloaded?

Once the file is uploaded your ASP code has to decide what to do with
it. In your case you want to store it someplace where the server can
access it, then tell the user where you've put it. I doubt that
anything exists will do this entire task for you. But you've found a
function that handles uploaded files, so all you have to do it take
the file it uploads and put it into a directory (I assume) where it
will be accessible.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(Shell/User)

Evertjan.

Tim Slattery wrote on 21 mei 2008 in

> Mangler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know of anything that will allow uploads to a server then
>>show the URL of the file so the user can send and email to someone so
>>it can be downloaded?

> Once the file is uploaded your ASP code has to decide what to do with
> it. In your case you want to store it someplace where the server can
> access it, then tell the user where you've put it. I doubt that
> anything exists will do this entire task for you. But you've found a
> function that handles uploaded files, so all you have to do it take
> the file it uploads and put it into a directory (I assume) where it
> will be accessible.

Or make it downloadable as a stream.

--
Evertjan.