Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CC1)

ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CC1)

Shiller

Experts,

I keep getting the following error message when accessing a web page:

ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CC1)
Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested
name or ordinal.
/SNHC/Classes.asp, line 2701

And the line that the error message is point to in Classes.asp is:

RecordsArray = Recordset.Recordset.GetRows(25, ,
Array(TextColumn,BoundColumn))

I've read previous forum, but none of the solution in them seem to
work for me.

Please Help.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Shiller wrote:
> Experts,
>
> I keep getting the following error message when accessing a web page:
>
> ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CC1)
> Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested
> name or ordinal.
> /SNHC/Classes.asp, line 2701
>
> And the line that the error message is point to in Classes.asp is:
>
> RecordsArray = Recordset.Recordset.GetRows(25, ,
> Array(TextColumn,BoundColumn))
>
> I've read previous forum, but none of the solution in them seem to
> work for me.

I have never heard of a Recordset object that has a Recordset property. At
the very least, the line should probably read:
RecordsArray = Recordset.GetRows(25, , _
Array(TextColumn,BoundColumn))

If you actually do have a Recordset object with a Recordset property (making
your oricginal call correct) then you need to verify that the TextColumn and
BoundColumn variables actually contain valid field names.

Note: It is bad form to give a variable the same name as an intrinsic
object. That is why you will see most of use names like rs, cn, conn, etc.
instead of Recordset and Connection

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"