Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > http://localhost is not available without Internet connection

http://localhost is not available without Internet connection

aa

Installed IIS on w2k pro, started Personal Web server and pointed the home
catalogue to the folder with my asp codes. However IE keeps saying that
http://localhost is not available without Internet connection. Such thing
often happend on other computers, but after several refresh it worked. How
shall I get rounf this now?

Anthony Jones

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Installed IIS on w2k pro, started Personal Web server and pointed the home
> catalogue to the folder with my asp codes. However IE keeps saying that
> http://localhost is not available without Internet connection. Such thing
> often happend on other computers, but after several refresh it worked. How
> shall I get rounf this now?

Why would you start PWS on a machine on which you've installed IIS?

A dim and distance memory tells me you may be able to install a loopback
adapter and that'll help.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET