Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: mozilla vs Firebird

Re: mozilla vs Firebird

pyotr filipivich

I know this is a late response, but I'm just now seeing this post. (Dang ISP
change over.)

And lo, it came about, that on Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:26:00 -0400 in
alt.fan.mozilla , Keith Bowes <(E-Mail Removed)> was inspired to utter:

>dw wrote:
>> I am sure this has been asked many times .... I currently use mozilla
>> 1.3, and have no issues or problems with it. I have managed to convert
>> the rest of my family to using it instead of IE.
>>
>> However I am temped by Firebird .... should I install that ??????
>>

>Sure, give it a try, and get your own opinion. Some people like it
>better than the Suite and some like the Suite better. Personally, I
>like the Suite better; it starts up faster, the UI is better, and there
>are more tools and configuration options built in. But it's a "to each
>his own" situation. But even if you like both, the two can co-exist on
>your computer (as they use different profiles).

I loaded Firebird, and in a head to head test with Mozilla 1.4, it lost in
the one area _I_ consider important: how fast it loads the comics. Same comic,
same connection: Mozilla showed it to me in ~29 seconds, Firebird in ~1:09.
"Not good enough". Other pages seemed to be similarly delayed between the
"clicking' and the displaying.
I like Mozilla 1.4 if for no other reason than it isn't Microsloth.

My two cents.

--
pyotr filipivich
The cliche is that history rarely repeats herself. Usually she just

Keith Bowes

pyotr filipivich wrote:

> I loaded Firebird, and in a head to head test with Mozilla 1.4, it lost in
> the one area _I_ consider important: how fast it loads the comics. Same comic,
> same connection: Mozilla showed it to me in ~29 seconds, Firebird in ~1:09.
> "Not good enough". Other pages seemed to be similarly delayed between the
> "clicking' and the displaying.

That's interesting. I knew Firebird took longer to start up, but I
hadn't timed page load times. Thanks.