Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > how to check value is null or not

how to check value is null or not

vinodkus@gmail.com

dear sir/madam
how to check any value in asp that it is null or not
Thanks in advance

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> dear sir/madam
> how to check any value in asp that it is null or not
> Thanks in advance

It depends on if you are using vbscript or jscript in your asp page. Please
do not fail to provide this information in future questions. I am going to
give you a "vbscript" answer and would be slighlty nettled to find out that
you are actually using jscript.

if somevariable is null then
'the variable contains a null
end if

You need the scripting documentation. You can get it here:
http://tinyurl.com/7rk6

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Dave Anderson

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> how to check any value in asp that it is null or not

JScript:

if (x === null) ...

Note that the Identity Operator does not treat "undefined" values the same
way as the equality operator:

var x // x is undefined
if (x == null) // true
if (x === null) // false