Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Live Projects

Live Projects

RN1

I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.

Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".

What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

Evertjan.

RN1 wrote on 02 feb 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
> hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
>
> Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
> by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
>
> What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

Euthanasia?

Definitly off topic, since we are only servers.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Anthony Jones

"RN1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
> hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
>
> Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
> by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
>
> What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

Delivered projects that are actually in use by clients.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Evertjan.

Anthony Jones wrote on 02 feb 2008 in

> "RN1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
>> hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
>>
>> Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
>> by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
>>
>> What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

> Delivered projects that are actually in use by clients.

Does not ring a bell here.

Delivered?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Anthony Jones

> Anthony Jones wrote on 02 feb 2008 in
>
> > "RN1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I couldn't exactly understand where to put forward this question &
> >> hence am doing it here. Sorry if I am mistaken.
> >>
> >> Often I come across job advertisements where one of the criteria set
> >> by employers is something like "must have done two live projects".
> >>
> >> What does LIVE PROJECTS mean here?

> > Delivered projects that are actually in use by clients.

> Does not ring a bell here.
>
> Delivered?

Delivered: To bring or transport to the proper place or recipient; To
surrender (someone or something) to another;

In project management speak we talk about 'deliverables' that is parts of a
project handed over to the client or sponsor of the project. In recruiting
looking for Live projects equates to projects that are successful enough to
have been handed over to the clients for actual use.

I would agree that this is not a very accurate use of the English language
but we're talking about recruitment here, not area know to be inhabited by
people possessing an 'attention to detail' sort of personality. Anyone here
who has had to use recruiting agents to find staff will know what I mean.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET