Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to authenticate?

How to authenticate?

Paulo

Hi, how can I authenticate before sending email? my ISP needs to be
authenticated!

Using CDO.Message on W2k3 SBS and classic ASP

thanks

Anthony Jones

"Paulo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, how can I authenticate before sending email? my ISP needs to be
> authenticated!
>
> Using CDO.Message on W2k3 SBS and classic ASP

Try:-

Const cdoSendUserName =
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername"

Const cdoSendPassword =
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword"

Const cdoSMTPAuthenticate =
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate"

Const cdoBasic = 1

msg.Configuration.Fields(cdoSMTPAuthenticate ) = cdoBasic
msg.Configuration.Fields(cdoSendUserName) = "yourUsername"
msg.Configuration.Fields(cdoSendPassword ) = "yourPassword"
msg.Configuration.Update

When you call .send CDO should authenticate with the SMTP server using the
username and password specified.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET