Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Refresh limit?

Refresh limit?

Ted Dawson

This code refreshes correctly:
<% Response.AddHeader "Refresh", "5;URL=page.asp" %>

This code does not refresh:
<% Response.AddHeader "Refresh", "1140;URL=page.asp" %>

Is there a limit on how many seconds I can use?

CB

You could check the page source of the resulting web page to see if an
appropriate meta-refresh tag is being written into the page. If not, you
could always just write it out by hand instead of using the AddHeader method
(response.write("<meta http-equiv=""refresh""
content=""1140;URL=whatever"">"))

Keep in mind also that the browser also has a say independent of your code,
and every browser could be different regarding whether it has a bug or
deliberately ignores very long refresh times and what the limit is.

Ted Dawson

> You could check the page source of the resulting web page to see if an
> appropriate meta-refresh tag is being written into the page. If not, you
> could always just write it out by hand instead of using the AddHeader
> method
> (response.write("<meta http-equiv=""refresh""
> content=""1140;URL=whatever"">"))
>
> Keep in mind also that the browser also has a say independent of your
> code,
> and every browser could be different regarding whether it has a bug or
> deliberately ignores very long refresh times and what the limit is.

Good plan, good insight... thanks!