Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP.NET 2.0, WSS 3.0: a ASP.NET App in Folder of WSS 3.0->Sec.Exep

ASP.NET 2.0, WSS 3.0: a ASP.NET App in Folder of WSS 3.0->Sec.Exep

Sven W.

Hi Newsgroup,

i have the following enviroment. On Windows 2003r2 I have

- WSS 3.0
- .Net Framework 2.0
- MSSQL 2005 Developer

This is running fine. Besides the WSS I have a small web (asp.net)
application that is accessing the MSSQL 2005 and displaying some crystal
reports. This application is doing fine, aswell.. as it is running as a
different "Website"

But.. I want to move that small application to run as a virtual directory
within the WSS folder.

WSS: http://<dns domain name of server>
Asp.Net application: http://<dns domain name of server>/applicationfolder

when I run the application from the upper shown path, it throws an exeption:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Obj ect demand,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
System.Security.PermissionSet.Demand() +81
System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.DemandPermi ssion() +55
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.PermissionDema nd() +39
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.Permiss ionDemand(DbConnection
outerConnection) +22
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111

Why does the application in its own website, but not inside the website of
WSS ?!!

Thx in advance,

Sven

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Sven W. wrote:
> Hi Newsgroup,
>
> i have the following enviroment. On Windows 2003r2 I have
>
> - WSS 3.0
> - .Net Framework 2.0
> - MSSQL 2005 Developer

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"