Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Open an app from Classic ASP?

Open an app from Classic ASP?

mike

Hello,

is there a way to open an app from Classic ASP? For example, I want
to open the file "calc5.xls" on the server when a particular webpage
is opened.

Any help greatly appreciated!

-Mike

Evertjan.

mike wrote on 16 jan 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> is there a way to open an app from Classic ASP? For example, I want
> to open the file "calc5.xls" on the server when a particular webpage
> is opened.

What is "to open on the server"?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Mike

As long as the XLS files resides on the server, then yes you can open the
file. If you have to, you can also map to the file if it resides on a
different server and open it, or allow the user to save it to their pc.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...