Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Exiting IE Browser

Exiting IE Browser

fniles

I am using classic ASP.
Is there a way when a user close the IE browser for me to know and execute
some ASP codes ?
What I need is, when they close the IE browser, I would like to go to the
database and modify some data there.
In VB, there is Form_close event. Where in ASP I can put my codes when they
exit the IE browser ?
Thank you.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

fniles wrote:
> I am using classic ASP.
> Is there a way when a user close the IE browser for me to know and
> execute some ASP codes ?
> What I need is, when they close the IE browser, I would like to go to
> the database and modify some data there.
> In VB, there is Form_close event. Where in ASP I can put my codes
> when they exit the IE browser ?
> Thank you.

No there isn't. Sorry. You will need to use a scheduled task to do your
cleanup. See
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general.../sessions.html
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

fiefie.niles@gmail.com

Thank you.

1. Can I put my clean up codes in the Session_OnEnd or
Application_OnEnd in Global.asa ?
2. In Session_OnEnd or Application_OnEnd, can I do Response.Redirect
"anotherpage.asp" ?

Thank you.

On Jan 2, 4:22*pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> fniles wrote:
> > I am using classic ASP.
> > Is there a way when a user close the IE browser for me to know and
> > execute some ASP codes ?
> > What I need is, when they close the IE browser, I would like to go to
> > the database and modify some data there.
> > In VB, there is Form_close event. Where in ASP I can put my codes
> > when they exit the IE browser ?
> > Thank you.

> No there isn't. Sorry. You will need to use a scheduled task to do your
> cleanup. Seehttp://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/how-do-i-count-the-number-of-cur...
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Anthony Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>1. Can I put my clean up codes in the Session_OnEnd or
>Application_OnEnd in Global.asa ?
>2. In Session_OnEnd or Application_OnEnd, can I do Response.Redirect
>"anotherpage.asp" ?

I wouldn't trust either of these.

Store a session expiry value in the database and have a scheduled task tidy
up any session that has expired.

Give the user a 'log out' option in your HTML so that there is an option to
explicitly close things out. At the point navigate to a Logged out page (or
the login/home page).

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Firefox crashes when exiting Chuck Firefox 12 10-13-2006 08:40 AM
Differences in Exiting?? Bob Firefox 2 04-12-2006 10:35 PM
exiting from state machine jiten VHDL 3 08-14-2005 08:18 PM
Two Enquiries re Firefox - Sun Java & Exiting FF. Reg Mouatt Firefox 1 12-19-2004 08:37 AM
Exiting a browser, locating files Anne ASP .Net 0 07-29-2003 03:18 PM

Advertisments