Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > textbox and array

textbox and array

loc2006@gmail.com

I have a multi-line textbox in a classic ASP web page.

Each line looks something like this
1,Joe
2,Jane
3,Bob

Is it possible to use classic ASP to extract each line and store it in
an array? I want to perform an INSERT into an Access table for each
line. I see solutions for ASP.NET but not for classic asp.

thanks!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> I have a multi-line textbox in a classic ASP web page.

multiline?
Do you mean a textarea? You'd better show us the html for this textbox

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

loc2006@gmail.com

On Dec 27, 10:07 am, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I have a multi-line textbox in a classic ASP web page.

> multiline?
> Do you mean a textarea? You'd better show us the html for this textbox

I apologize for that. Yes, it's a textarea.

loc2006@gmail.com

On Dec 27, 2:23 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Dec 27, 10:07 am, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > I have a multi-line textbox in a classic ASP web page.

> > multiline?
> > Do you mean a textarea? You'd better show us the html for this textbox

> I apologize for that. Yes, it's a textarea.

Got if figured out. Here is the gist of the code I was looking for

<%
if request.form("students") <> "" then
strStu = Request.Form("students")
arrStu = Split(strstu,vbCrLf)
For intstu = 0 To UBound(arrstu)
arrstu2 = Split(arrstu(intstu),",")
'Response.Write arrstu2(0) & "|" & arrstu2(1)
'construct INSERT SQL
'response.write "<br />"
Next
end if