Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > error -2147024891, anyone?

error -2147024891, anyone?

s_m_b

We're getting this on an IIS 6 site, running a test script that uses
serverXML to send a request to another server.

Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
objHTTP.send sxMLRequest

the string sent is a very simple test to make sure the other server can
see/respond correctly.

However, when the objHTTP.send is run,
Error number: -2147024891 Description: Access is denied.
comes back.

I'm fairly sure this is something on the server but cannot see what, and
haven't managed to google anything useful yet.

At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that means
something?

s_m_b

"s_m_b" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9A0C644EDD034smb2000nshotrmailcom@207.46.2 48.16:

ah - since found this.
Seems Service Pack 2 for MSXML Parser 4.0 is a potential script breaker.
the line
Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")

has to change to
Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")

Haven't found this anywhere on MSKB though?

> We're getting this on an IIS 6 site, running a test script that uses
> serverXML to send a request to another server.
>
> Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
> objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
> objHTTP.send sxMLRequest
>
> the string sent is a very simple test to make sure the other server
> can see/respond correctly.
>
> However, when the objHTTP.send is run,
> Error number: -2147024891 Description: Access is denied.
> comes back.
>
> I'm fairly sure this is something on the server but cannot see what,
> and haven't managed to google anything useful yet.
>
> At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that
> means something?

Dave Anderson

s_m_b wrote:
> Seems Service Pack 2 for MSXML Parser 4.0 is a potential script
> breaker. the line
> Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
>
> has to change to
> Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
>
> Haven't found this anywhere on MSKB though?

Examine the section titles "Why Version-Independent GUIDs and ProgIDs Were
Removed".

--
Dave Anderson

Anthony Jones

"s_m_b" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9A0C644EDD034smb2000nshotrmailcom@207.46.2 48.16...
> We're getting this on an IIS 6 site, running a test script that uses
> serverXML to send a request to another server.
>
> Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
> objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
> objHTTP.send sxMLRequest
>
> the string sent is a very simple test to make sure the other server can
> see/respond correctly.
>
> However, when the objHTTP.send is run,
> Error number: -2147024891 Description: Access is denied.
> comes back.
>
> I'm fairly sure this is something on the server but cannot see what, and
> haven't managed to google anything useful yet.
>
> At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that means
> something?

It would be easier if you showed us more of the relevant code.

The creation of DOM object has no impact on calling the send method of the
objHTTP object (what ever that is you have shown its creation). It would
also be useful to see what type of resource you are accessing and whether
you making a call back to the same server.

However you should avoid 4.0. You should use version specific prog IDs for
either 6.0 (if you have installed) or 3.0 (if you don't want to install 6.0
or don't have access to).

The progID you should be using are:-

MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0

and