Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Asp code in IIS6

Asp code in IIS6

Paramveer

Hi,
I am getting this error every thime I execute my Asp code in IIS6.

"App_POOL is the name of the application pool I am using".

Error mentioned below.
Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for Application
Pool 'App_POOL' because of the following error: Could not create a Disk Cache
Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data may have additional error
codes..

I have tried options like mentioned in the link below.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842493

"Network services" is the identity of App pool.

"Integrated windows Authentication" is selected for virtual directory.
Anonymous is unchecked.

Could you pls help me.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Paramveer wrote:
> Hi,
> I am getting this error every thime I execute my Asp code in IIS6.
>
> "App_POOL is the name of the application pool I am using".
>
> Error mentioned below.
> Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for
> Application Pool 'App_POOL' because of the following error: Could not
> create a Disk Cache Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data
> may have additional error codes..
>
> I have tried options like mentioned in the link below.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842493
>
> "Network services" is the identity of App pool.
>
> "Integrated windows Authentication" is selected for virtual directory.
> Anonymous is unchecked.

I've never run into this. If you get no answer heree, try the iis server
group: .inetserver.iis

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Mark J. McGinty

"Paramveer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am getting this error every thime I execute my Asp code in IIS6.
>
> "App_POOL is the name of the application pool I am using".
>
> Error mentioned below.
> Error: The Template Persistent Cache initialization failed for Application
> Pool 'App_POOL' because of the following error: Could not create a Disk
> Cache
> Sub-directory for the Application Pool. The data may have additional error
> codes..
>
> I have tried options like mentioned in the link below.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842493
>
> "Network services" is the identity of App pool.
>
> "Integrated windows Authentication" is selected for virtual directory.
> Anonymous is unchecked.

Failure to create a directory is usually a permissions problem, check that
the account used as the app pool's identity has sufficient NTFS permissions
in the parent directory.

-Mark