Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > menu.asp in Commerce Server 2000

menu.asp in Commerce Server 2000

Damian C. Stalls

I have never worked on Commerce server and I am not a web guru either. My
client had someone modify their home page of their commerce site. Howerver
when then did they removed the include for store/template/menu.asp and
created a hard coded menu on the default.asp (home page). Now the client
wants this static menu to replace all of the dynamic menu's throughout the
site. I found the area in menu.asp that pulls the data from the commerce
server and if i delete this section the old menu item go away. I need to
know how to insert the static HTML menu items in its place. Any ideas?

--
Damian C. Stalls
Verdouw & Associates

Dooza

Jon Paal [MSMD] wrote:
> try google:
>
> menu.asp " commerce server"
>

> "Damian C. Stalls" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have never worked on Commerce server and I am not a web guru either. My
>> client had someone modify their home page of their commerce site. Howerver
>> when then did they removed the include for store/template/menu.asp and
>> created a hard coded menu on the default.asp (home page). Now the client
>> wants this static menu to replace all of the dynamic menu's throughout the
>> site. I found the area in menu.asp that pulls the data from the commerce
>> server and if i delete this section the old menu item go away. I need to
>> know how to insert the static HTML menu items in its place. Any ideas?

First make a backup of menu.asp, then just paste the static menu over
all the code and save.

Steve

Damian C. Stalls

I only want to replace the one section. I have tried copying and pasting but
then the website errors out.

--
Damian C. Stalls
Verdouw & Associates

Dooza

Damian C. Stalls wrote:
> I only want to replace the one section. I have tried copying and pasting but
> then the website errors out.

There must be more to the code than it being just the menu then. Could
you paste it all here?

Steve