Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session Variable causing a delay

Session Variable causing a delay

CLEAR-RCIC

I have a project that uses a frameset. On the pageload event one frame calls
an ASP.Net page that watches a message queue. The other frame has a page
that allows a user to submit queries. Through research I've discovered that
IE allows only two connections to IIS from any one client at a time. This is
okay since at any given time I can only have the AJAX thread and a page
request.

I noticed a problem today. If I introduce a session variable in any of my
server side code it causes every request to lock for 90 seconds before a
response comes back. After studying this behavior I am stumped. Is there an
extra thread being fired whenever session is used?

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xFQVItUkNJQw==?= wrote on 20 nov 2007 in

> I have a project that uses a frameset. On the pageload event one
> frame calls an ASP.Net page that watches a message queue.

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.