Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Automated Form Submission

Automated Form Submission

rn5arn5a@gmail.com

Nowadays, most websites make use of CAPTCHA to prevent automated Form
submission. Can someone please give me examples of how automated Form
submission can be achieved?

It's not that I intend to do some nefarious activities; rather I don't
understand how can automated Form submission be done other than the
website developer coding it (for e.g. using JavaScript to
automatically post a Form, say, after 2 minutes).

Thanks,

Ron

Tim Slattery

>Nowadays, most websites make use of CAPTCHA to prevent automated Form
>submission. Can someone please give me examples of how automated Form
>submission can be achieved?

Programs written in C, C++, Java or anything else can send http or
https transmissions. After all, that's exactly what a web browser
does, right? So you write one that, instead of taking orders from a
user and sending the requests that he directs, sends out what it
wants. Being a computer program, it can do this thousands of times a
minute.

If you're a programmer, this kind of thing would not be much of a
challenge.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(Shell/User)

Automated form submissions Matty Sarro Python 1 10-21-2011 02:32 PM
Automated Form submission brettev@gmail.com Javascript 6 06-05-2006 07:07 PM
automated form Iain ASP .Net 1 03-15-2005 06:30 PM
Automated Web Page submission R J Javascript 0 04-28-2004 07:37 AM
Form Submission: Final URL that has form options included ?? Jared Javascript 5 07-10-2003 10:33 AM

Advertisments