Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > aspexec is not working in IIS 6.0

aspexec is not working in IIS 6.0

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

That's great. I'm glad that you've got it working.

Have a good day!

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------
sgroup.nospam>
>Subject: RE: aspexec is not working in IIS 6.0
>Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:28:01 -0800
>
>Hi Steven,
>Thanks for the quick reply.
>Yes, I thought about that too. That's why I added IUSR_Myservername and
>IWAM_myservername to have read and execute permission on pfpro.exe. but it
>still not working.
>
>But you did remind me one thing. Since I was executing pfpro in dos

windows.
>that means as long as I set path for the pfpro.exe in the system, I can

run
>pfpro in any directory.
>but through web, if I on't give path or use absolute path for pfpro in asp
>program. Asp program doesn't understand where to look for pfpro. So error
>messge will be "Error: cannot create process."
>Now I just give out the absolute path for pfpro. It works fine now.
>Thank you, thank you.
>--
>Betty
>

>"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your quick reply Betty,
>>
>> Yes, it can ensure the setup of that component. Also, when running from

GUI
>> or console, the secuirty context is the logon user(interactive one)

rather
>> than the IIS worker process identity, this may differ the behavior if
>> problem is related to the execution account or context. I'm not familar
>> with the pfpro component, is there anything it will perform and require
>> restricted resource?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Steven Cheng
>>
>> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

rights.

>> >Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:19:00 -0800

>> >Hi Steven,
>> >Does that make any difference if I tell you that I can run pfpro in DOS

>> from
>> >any directory on windows 2003 server. that proves that my software set

up