Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > generating Excel

generating Excel

shank

I'm generating excel spreadsheets online with many manufacturers. One
particular manufacturer has 5000 more records than the next highest. When I
query for that manuf the table does not form. Just plain text. It doesn't
time out. Just doesn't form properly.

Is there a cache or setting I need to increase to get this much data?

thanks

Anthony Jones

"shank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OrD%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm generating excel spreadsheets online with many manufacturers. One
> particular manufacturer has 5000 more records than the next highest. When

> query for that manuf the table does not form. Just plain text. It doesn't
> time out. Just doesn't form properly.
>
> Is there a cache or setting I need to increase to get this much data?

Just how much data is one record in bytes on average?

"One particular manufacturer has 5000 more records than the next highest."
Since you don't state how many records "the next highest" actually the above
statement is next to useless. How many records is it?

Some code showing how you generate the output would be useful?
Are you building a string then writing the response or are you writing to
the response once per record?
Is response buffering turned on?

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET