Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDONTSing from home computer vs antispam filters

Reply
Thread Tools

CDONTSing from home computer vs antispam filters

 
 
aa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-16-2007
I work from home and would like to automate sending out newsletters to my
customers from my home computer using ASP CDONTS and Access where my
customers are stored.
I was advised however, that emails originated like that from a private
computer will be recognised as such by antispam filters and most likely will
be considered as spam.
Is this the case?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Brind
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-16-2007

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I work from home and would like to automate sending out newsletters to my
> customers from my home computer using ASP CDONTS and Access where my
> customers are stored.
> I was advised however, that emails originated like that from a private
> computer will be recognised as such by antispam filters and most likely
> will
> be considered as spam.
> Is this the case?


Yes.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark J. McGinty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2007

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I work from home and would like to automate sending out newsletters to my
> customers from my home computer using ASP CDONTS and Access where my
> customers are stored.
> I was advised however, that emails originated like that from a private
> computer will be recognised as such by antispam filters and most likely
> will
> be considered as spam.
> Is this the case?


Very likely, if you try to send it from a residential internet connection.
A better shot would be to do a mail merge in Word, there's an option to send
the outputs through MAPI using your email account servers.

-Mark


 
Reply With Quote
 
aa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2007
Thanks
I know how to merge mails using Word and address Contacts in Outlook.
Is it possible to merge in Word using Access as a sourc of addresses?

"Mark J. McGinty" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
следующее: news:esD#(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I work from home and would like to automate sending out newsletters to my
> > customers from my home computer using ASP CDONTS and Access where my
> > customers are stored.
> > I was advised however, that emails originated like that from a private
> > computer will be recognised as such by antispam filters and most likely
> > will
> > be considered as spam.
> > Is this the case?

>
> Very likely, if you try to send it from a residential internet connection.
> A better shot would be to do a mail merge in Word, there's an option to

send
> the outputs through MAPI using your email account servers.
>
> -Mark
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Adrienne Boswell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-19-2007
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I know how to merge mails using Word and address Contacts in Outlook.
> Is it possible to merge in Word using Access as a sourc of addresses?
>


Of course, just choose Access as the source. IIRC, Word help will tell you
how.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
Please respond to the group so others can share

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark J. McGinty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2007

"aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks
> I know how to merge mails using Word and address Contacts in Outlook.
> Is it possible to merge in Word using Access as a sourc of addresses?


Yes, when email is the output medium, you'll be given an option at merge
time to designate a field in the data source to be used as the email address
(or fax) of the recipient(s).


-Mark



>
> "Mark J. McGinty" <(E-Mail Removed)> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
> следующее: news:esD#(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "aa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I work from home and would like to automate sending out newsletters to
>> >my
>> > customers from my home computer using ASP CDONTS and Access where my
>> > customers are stored.
>> > I was advised however, that emails originated like that from a private
>> > computer will be recognised as such by antispam filters and most likely
>> > will
>> > be considered as spam.
>> > Is this the case?

>>
>> Very likely, if you try to send it from a residential internet
>> connection.
>> A better shot would be to do a mail merge in Word, there's an option to

> send
>> the outputs through MAPI using your email account servers.
>>
>> -Mark
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Stacked polariser filters instead of ND filters? peter Digital Photography 5 12-13-2010 10:25 PM
3rd party antispam plug-in for Thunderbird? totojepast@razdva.cz Firefox 5 07-31-2006 05:00 PM
using the Filters DLL (image filters) Dieter Vanderelst Python 1 02-15-2006 09:56 AM
firefox antispam extension Neil Firefox 6 02-01-2006 06:49 PM
Canon: EF filters = EF-S filters? [blu|shark] Digital Photography 17 01-28-2004 10:04 AM



Advertisments