Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Specify time?

Specify time?

zz12

Hello. Would anyone know if there is an easy and clean way of presenting
maybe a time control field in html in an .asp page that allows a user to
specify a certain time of the day? Currently using an <input
name="SpecifyTime" type="Text"> field but was wondering if there was a
better way of doing this as to where users won't mistype in entering non
time related characters? Thanks in advance.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

zz12 wrote:
> Hello. Would anyone know if there is an easy and clean way of
> presenting maybe a time control field in html in an .asp page that
> allows a user to specify a certain time of the day? Currently using
> an <input name="SpecifyTime" type="Text"> field but was wondering if
> there was a better way of doing this as to where users won't mistype
> in entering non time related characters? Thanks in advance.

Not really an ASP question (see here for some html groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039), but there's any
number of ways to accomplish this. Usually dropdowns are used: either
paired for hours and minutes, or a single one containing only the times
you wish to be selected (for example, if you only wish times on the hour
and the half hour to be available)

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

zz12

Sorry about that. I guess I was overthinking this one as I used 3 html drop
down select controls (hr- min- am/pm) and then concatenated them to create a
time.

Thanks for your speedy reply anyways. Take care.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...