Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Long forms repaint from top when server side controls get processe

Long forms repaint from top when server side controls get processe

Networxpro

Whenever an ASP.NET server-side control is processed, the client form is
repainted from the top forcing users to scroll back to where they were on
long forms. How can I work around this issue?

Networxpro

"Networxpro" wrote:

> Whenever an ASP.NET server-side control is processed, the client form is
> repainted from the top forcing users to scroll back to where they were on
> long forms. How can I work around this issue?

For example run this, scroll down and click the left check box:

<%@ Page Language=vb %>
<script runat=server>
Sub Test(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
Box2.Checked = Box1.Checked
End Sub
</script>

<TABLE>
<TR><TD height=1500 bgcolor=red></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<asp:CheckBox id=Box1 runat="server" AutoPostBack=True
OnCheckedChanged=Test></asp:CheckBox>
</TD>
<TD>
<asp:CheckBox id=Box2 runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</form>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Networxpro wrote:
> "Networxpro" wrote:
>
>> Whenever an ASP.NET server-side control is processed, the client

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

>> form is repainted from the top forcing users to scroll back to where
>> they were on long forms. How can I work around this issue?

I see several options:
1. Stop using data input elements to trigger server-side actions
2. Use AJAX
3. Cache the parts of the page that don't change during postbacks

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"