Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Help needed to convert an easy php code to asp

Help needed to convert an easy php code to asp

Rabel

I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to
20mbs though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this
code to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that
should be pretty easy

<?php

if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {

$uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
$uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);

copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);

}
?>

Evertjan.

Rabel wrote on 28 aug 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
> upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
> can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to
> 20mbs though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this
> code to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that
> should be pretty easy
>
> <?php
>
> if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {
>
> $uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
> $uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
> basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);
>
> copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);
>
> }
> ?>

Most of us asp people don't know what this code does,
so please elaborate on your Q.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Daniel Crichton

Rabel wrote on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:53:07 -0700:

> I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
> upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
> can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to 20mbs
> though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this code
> to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that should be
> pretty easy

> <?php

> if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {

> $uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
> $uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
> basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);

> copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);

> }
> ?>

Fixing the PHP to work is likely going to simpler - ASP doesn't have a
simple upload file handler builtin, it requires either messing with raw
binary data or a 3rd party component. I'd suggest you try posting in a PHP
related group - it's probably as simple as editing the php.ini file to
adjust the maximum upload file size, or there might be a limit somewhere
else in the PHP application. As the default in many PHP settings is 8MB,
adjusting your php.ini is probably the easy solution - just look for the
post_max_size and upload_max_size values.

Dan

Rabel

On Aug 29, 10:07 am, "Daniel Crichton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Rabel wrote on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:53:07 -0700:
>
> > I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
> > upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
> > can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to 20mbs
> > though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this code
> > to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that should be
> > pretty easy
> > <?php
> > if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {
> > $uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
> > $uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
> > basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);
> > copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);
> > }
> > ?>

> Fixing the PHP to work is likely going to simpler - ASP doesn't have a
> simple upload file handler builtin, it requires either messing with raw
> binary data or a 3rd party component. I'd suggest you try posting in a PHP
> related group - it's probably as simple as editing the php.ini file to
> adjust the maximum upload file size, or there might be a limit somewhere
> else in the PHP application. As the default in many PHP settings is 8MB,
> adjusting your php.ini is probably the easy solution - just look for the
> post_max_size and upload_max_size values.
>
> Dan

Thanks guys for your help - Dan I have tried everything with our host
and just kept getting problems I knew that the asp upload feature we
had in another section worked so I converted that code and got that to
work

<%
Server.ScriptTimeout = 10000

Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload.1")
Upload.logonuser "", "h...7", "g....n"
Count = Upload.SaveVirtual ("./uploads/temp/")
For Each File in Upload.Files
File.CopyVirtual "./uploads/" & File.ExtractFileName
File.Delete ' delete from upload directory
Next
%>