Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > WshShell.Run & ASP - Return code is always 1

WshShell.Run & ASP - Return code is always 1

David Morgan

Hello

I have a problem somewhere and I cannot figure it out, whatever I do the
return code I get from trying to run a VBS from an ASP page via the WSH
Shell object, always returns 1.

I don't think this is a problem with the vbs file permissions or the
permissions on cscript.exe, both of which I have granted full control to for
i_usr and i_wam whilst trying to work out what is going on. I have also
forced authentication by disallowing anonymous access and logged in as
Administrator to no avail.

The WScript file contains one line, WScript.Quit.

I am on W3K3/IIS6 and the only thing I can think of is that there is some
policy setting or some other security option that is preventing scripts from
being run.

Does anyone have any pointers, I have been googling for ages but nothing.

Thanks in advance

David

Bookham Measures

"David Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> I have a problem somewhere and I cannot figure it out, whatever I do the
> return code I get from trying to run a VBS from an ASP page via the WSH
> Shell object, always returns 1.
>
> I don't think this is a problem with the vbs file permissions or the
> permissions on cscript.exe, both of which I have granted full control to
> for i_usr and i_wam whilst trying to work out what is going on. I have
> also forced authentication by disallowing anonymous access and logged in
> as Administrator to no avail.
>
> The WScript file contains one line, WScript.Quit.
>
> I am on W3K3/IIS6 and the only thing I can think of is that there is some
> policy setting or some other security option that is preventing scripts
> from being run.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers, I have been googling for ages but nothing.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> David

I have now used FileMon and have successfully eliminated two access denied
messages that were being recorded on cscript.exe. One for i_usrmachinename
and NETWORK SERVICE. Guess what... still doesn't work.

I have also tried running IIS in IIS 5.0 isolation mode.

Why is this so difficult. I had moved cscript as part of IIS lockdown.

tfiska

Exit code 1 mean file not found.
check that file exists and the user can access it.

Bookham Measures

"tfiska" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%23%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Exit code 1 mean file not found.
> check that file exists and the user can access it.

Doh, did you read any of the previous posts?