Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Nont HTML Support in Textbox Control

Nont HTML Support in Textbox Control

Ahmd

Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
www.aaa.com etc etc

Evertjan.

Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
> mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
> www.aaa.com etc etc

You could write a clientside javascript code,
wich is off topic on this classic-ASP-only NG.

You could ask in an asp.net NG, like
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>
if your Q is about asp.net

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Ahmd

On Jul 5, 12:32 pm, "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
> > mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
> >www.aaa.cometc etc

> You could write a clientside javascript code,
> wich is off topic on this classic-ASP-only NG.
>
> You could ask in an asp.net NG, like
> <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>
> if your Q is about asp.net
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

I use asp page which has text box that shud be restricted to be text
only.. which group i shud post this ?

Evertjan.

Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> On Jul 5, 12:32 pm, "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Ahmd wrote on 05 jul 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>
>> > Pls help. how can i have a text box control with non html support. i
>> > mean. i have a textbox which shud not allow. web links entries.. like
>> >www.aaa.cometc etc

>> You could write a clientside javascript code,
>> wich is off topic on this classic-ASP-only NG.
>>
>> You could ask in an asp.net NG, like
>> <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>
>> if your Q is about asp.net

[please do not quote signatures]

> I use asp page which has text box that shud be restricted to be text
> only.. which group i shud post this ?

No, there are no Aasp pages, you have an asp file that renders a html
stream to the browser.

Since you want to do something on the browser it is not asp related.

If you want to do it in clientside javascript,
I would suggest: comp.lang.javascript

Even so, NGs are not free helpdesks.
Why not first do some study about clientside scripting?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.