Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to Get Data from MS Access 2000 into XML file

How to Get Data from MS Access 2000 into XML file

Stephen P. Lander

Hi all-

Hoping to get some feedback regarding an issue i'm having.

To start with, I honestly do not know very much about XML or ASP, but
in essence what I want to be able to do it take data from one of my
Access 2000 queries and automatically export that to an XML file. then
that XML file is going to be loaded with Google Maps API for use. What
options do I have in exporting the data in access automatically? would
it be just implemented everytime i call the function, lets say an ASP
page?

to give a little more (hopefully helpful) information, I want users to
go to my site which has the Google Maps API implemented, and it will
show them the rainfall and lake level data in my area. I figured XML
would be best as I have seen someone implement a similar design in
Canada using an XML file, however, I need to be able to get the
information from the query in Access so it can be loaded onto the map
for people to see recent data. Again, I'm guessing ASP would be the
best bet in accessing the data from the database.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Stephen P. Lander wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> Hoping to get some feedback regarding an issue i'm having.
>
> To start with, I honestly do not know very much about XML or ASP, but
> in essence what I want to be able to do it take data from one of my
> Access 2000 queries and automatically export that to an XML file. then
> that XML file is going to be loaded with Google Maps API for use. What
> options do I have in exporting the data in access automatically?

To XML? none. You will need to write it yourself.
Actually, you can get an idea of what is needed by looking at the
server-side code in the samples at
http://www.davidpenton.com/testsite/tips/

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET