Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > File size is incomplete by 20 bytes in a remote server when uploading

File size is incomplete by 20 bytes in a remote server when uploading

Orgil

Hi all,
I'm working on a ASP web site. The site has some pages for uploading
files to its server.
I'm working on my computer as a local server. When pages of the web
become ready, I copy the pages to a remote directory of a remote web
server .
When I upload files to the local server, any file is completely
uploaded. But when files are uploaded to a remote server, the size of
each file is 20 bytes less than the original file size and don't work
on the remote server.
Maybe, the difference of 20 bytes is not a constant size, but I see
the difference is constant.

What is happening? Please help me!
Any suggestion will by highly appreciated!

.... Orgil

Evertjan.

Orgil wrote on 20 jun 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I'm working on a ASP web site. The site has some pages for uploading
> files to its server.
> I'm working on my computer as a local server. When pages of the web
> become ready, I copy the pages to a remote directory of a remote web
> server .
> When I upload files to the local server, any file is completely
> uploaded. But when files are uploaded to a remote server, the size of
> each file is 20 bytes less than the original file size and don't work
> on the remote server.
> Maybe, the difference of 20 bytes is not a constant size, but I see
> the difference is constant.

Are you doing that upload by ASP code?

If so please show us thet [part] of the code.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.