Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IE7: Invalid japanese characters in Window.open function

IE7: Invalid japanese characters in Window.open function

AK

I have a problem with some japanese characters.
When the two Japanese characters ー and ジ are used in the window name
parameter of the window.open function, the expected new browser window does
not open. This needs to be tested on localised Japanese operating system.

The problem only happens on IE7 browsers (on all operating systems). IE6
works ok. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions for a possible solution?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

AK wrote:
> I have a problem with some japanese characters.
> When the two Japanese characters ? and ?? are used in the window name
> parameter of the window.open function, the expected new browser
> window does not open. This needs to be tested on localised Japanese
> operating system.
>
> The problem only happens on IE7 browsers (on all operating systems).
> IE6 works ok. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions for a possible
> solution?

It is unlikely that you will receive help with this in this group given that
asp is server-side technology that generates html to be sent to the client.
You should post in a browser newsgroup.
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"