Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP vs ASP.NET

ASP vs ASP.NET

Raj

Is there somebody who can prove ASP.NET is faster than ASP ( need to
quantify - how fast it is )

Thank you.

Regards,

Raj.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Raj wrote:
> Is there somebody who can prove ASP.NET is faster than ASP ( need to
> quantify - how fast it is )

Probably not.
I am not aware of any published comparisons and frankly, you could do
your own comparison in your own environment using your own application
code. In other words, even if there are published results, they are
unlikely to be relevant to your situation.

Intuitively, compiled dll's are very likely to be much faster than
interpreted vbscript code ... at _some_tasks ...
As a famous author once said: VB waits just as fast as C++

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Terje

Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
> Raj wrote:
>> Is there somebody who can prove ASP.NET is faster than ASP ( need to
>> quantify - how fast it is )
>>

> Probably not.
> I am not aware of any published comparisons and frankly, you could do
> your own comparison in your own environment using your own application
> code. In other words, even if there are published results, they are
> unlikely to be relevant to your situation.
>
> Intuitively, compiled dll's are very likely to be much faster than
> interpreted vbscript code ... at _some_tasks ...
> As a famous author once said: VB waits just as fast as C++

Does my Firefox load aspx files faster than asp files? Hell no.

terje

Dave Anderson

Terje wrote:
> Does my Firefox load aspx files faster than asp files? Hell no.

And what does the client have to do with server performance? The question is
about performance on the server.

--
Dave Anderson

Terje

Dave Anderson wrote:
> Terje wrote:
>> Does my Firefox load aspx files faster than asp files? Hell no.

> And what does the client have to do with server performance? The question is
> about performance on the server.

Well, maybe the client would notice the difference, if there was one.

terje

GeorgeScott

I believe the real answer here is the code written efficient. You can
write slow code in ASP or ASP.Net the better you are the language the
faster your code will be.

For the original poster, even though ASP.Net is complex, if you want
to make a great deal of money go ahead and try to learn it because
people will pay for it, while it is hard to get people excited about
Asp 3.0 because not going to be updated any longer. Asp 3.0 is much
easier but no one really cares, they just end product and be able to
say it on the "lastest greatest" technology.