Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Connection string confusion

Connection string confusion

middletree

> Well, did you look at the link I provided about it? Ahem:
>
> "By default, SQL Server 2005 Express, Evaluation, and
> Developer editions allow local client connections only."

But this was local.

Middletree

Sorry it's been a while since I got back on this. I am out of town on
business and have been for several days.

I appreciate your help and suggestions. I suspected that it might be
something to do with SQL Server Express, so I uninstalled it and installed
SQL Server Standard. It works just fine now.

thanks

Evertjan.

Middletree wrote on 03 jun 2007 in

> Sorry it's been a while since I got back on this. I am out of town on
> business and have been for several days.
>
> I appreciate your help and suggestions. I suspected that it might be
> something to do with SQL Server Express, so I uninstalled it and
> installed SQL Server Standard. It works just fine now.

Seems you are responding to someone on something, thinking this is email.

[please always quote on usenet]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Middletree

> Seems you are responding to someone on something, thinking this is email.
>
> [please always quote on usenet]

I do not think this is email. Mind your own business.

Dave Anderson

Middletree wrote:
>> [please always quote on usenet]

> I do not think this is email. Mind your own business.

No need to be upset with Evertjan. I would not have recognized your post as
part of my conversation with you if he had said nothing. The manner with
which he makes his point may not be optimal, I agree.

--
Dave Anderson

Middletree

>The manner with which he makes his point may not be optimal, I agree.

I don't agree with his method of making his point or his point. The rules
against top-posting, while long entrenched, are silly. Most people I know
prefer to read top-posted replies. It's certainly not a consensus. And in
this case, it's another unwritten rule against replying without quoting. But
most of all, it seems he has come into a thread he wasn't part of, and
corrected my actions, in a rude way, to boot.