Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > database help requested ... works online, but not on local

database help requested ... works online, but not on local

BobTheBowler

Hi

I wrote a website about 8 years ago - http://www.ProBowkUK.co.uk
It has an Access database of web links and a number of pages that
show the different categories.
ex: http://www.ProBowlUK.co.uk/pblOrgs.asp

I may need to make a lot of changes to the website.

Although these asp pages are working fine online, whenever I try to
run them in my MS InterDev v6.0 (Microsoft's "Dreamweaver")
the listings do not show up and an error is reported.

here is the code ....

><%
> urlPath = "c:/domains/ProBowlUK.co.uk/db/pbLinks.mdb"
> mapFilePath = Server.MapPath("db/pbLinks.mdb")
> fileDSN = " DBQ=" & mapFilePath
> urlDSN = " DBQ=" & urlPath
>
> Set myConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> myConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & urlDSN & ";"
>
> sql_Query = "SELECT * FROM pblLinks WHERE pblCat='Org' ORDER BY pblName"
> set rs = myConn.Execute(sql_Query)
> WHILE NOT rs.EOF
>%>
>
><%
> rs.MoveNext
> WEND
>%>

This is what is appearing in the first field ... ');"

obviously it involves the quotes, but why would it work online and
not on InterDev ?

as I said, did this 8 years ago and have forgotten how the DB was
set up

best regards

Bob Barrows [MVP]

BobTheBowler wrote:
> Hi

Please don't multipost. I've already replied to this question over at
..asp.db. If you feel you must direct your question at multiple
newsgroups*, then post one single message to the desired groups by
putting the group names into the To list (aka crosspost)

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"