Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDO.MESSAGE With HTTP Protocol

CDO.MESSAGE With HTTP Protocol

rn5a@rediffmail.com

Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

Anthony Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
> instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
> any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

You would need a web mail service provider to supply an HTTP based API to
allow that. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo may have an API you can use.

Are you sure that's what you really need? What's wrong with bog standard
SMTP? Firewall issues?

rn5a@rediffmail.com

On May 4, 12:31 pm, "Anthony Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> > Using CDO.MESSAGE, can e-mails in ASP be sent using the HTTP protocol
> > instead of the SMTP protocol? If yes, then how? If no, then is there
> > any other way to send e-mails in ASP using the HTTP protocol?

> You would need a web mail service provider to supply an HTTP based API to
> allow that. Microsoft, Google and Yahoo may have an API you can use.
>
> Are you sure that's what you really need? What's wrong with bog standard
> SMTP? Firewall issues?

Nothing's wrong with SMTP; it's working fine. It was just my
inquisitiveness which prompted me to ask this question.

Thanks,

Regards,

RON