Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Once Again

Once Again

rn5a@rediffmail.com

I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
know why I am always getting the following error message:

Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
SDK.

This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
ASP....nothing more than that):

<%
Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

strMsg="Hello how are you?"
sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
.Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
.Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25
.Update
End With

Set cdoMessage=Server.CreateObject("CDO.MESSAGE")
Set cdoMessage.Configuration=cdoConfig

cdoMessage.From="(E-Mail Removed)"
cdoMessage.To="(E-Mail Removed)"
cdoMessage.Subject="Hello"
cdoMessage.HtmlBody=strMsg
cdoMessage.Send

Set cdoMessage=Nothing
Set cdoConfig=Nothing
%>

The error points to the cdoMessage.Send line. Can someone please give
me some idea on what I could be missing?

I have gone through numerous posts & articles since last 4 days but
couldn't resolve the issue; all my efforts were in vain & went down
the drain. So somebody please help me....I need a solution urgently.

Please note that the Yahoo SMTP server & the 2 e-mail ids do exist &
are very much VALID.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
> yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
> issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
> of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.
>
> I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
> know why I am always getting the following error message:
>
> Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
> SDK.
>
> This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
> ASP....nothing more than that):
>
> <%
> Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage
>
> strMsg="Hello how are you?"
> sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
> Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
> With cdoConfig.Fields
> .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
> .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
> .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25

Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

rn5a@rediffmail.com

On May 2, 1:31 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
> > yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
> > issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
> > of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

> > I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
> > know why I am always getting the following error message:

> > Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
> > SDK.

> > This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
> > ASP....nothing more than that):

> > <%
> > Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

> > strMsg="Hello how are you?"
> > sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
> > Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
> > With cdoConfig.Fields
> > .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
> > .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
> > .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25

> Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
> quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?

Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
you.....

Bob Barrows [MVP]

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?
>
> Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
> you.....

Sorry, i have no clue. have you tried a Google Groups search? Have you
seen this:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...894b689?hl=en&
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Anthony Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On May 2, 1:31 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
> > > yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
> > > issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
> > > of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

> > > I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
> > > know why I am always getting the following error message:

> > > Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
> > > SDK.

> > > This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
> > > ASP....nothing more than that):

> > > <%
> > > Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

> > > strMsg="Hello how are you?"
> > > sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
> > > Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
> > > With cdoConfig.Fields
> > > .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
> > > .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
> > > .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25

> > Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
> > --
> > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
> > Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
> > header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
> > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

> That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?
>
> Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
> you.....

It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail port in
this way. You are going to need to authenticate as a user. Do you have
some logon credentials provided to you?

Can you imagine the SPAM abuse this would get otherwise.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Anthony Jones wrote:

> It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail
> port in this way.

abuse this would get otherwise.

Damn! I missed that! Good catch.
<note to self: read the posts more carefully!>
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

rn5a@rediffmail.com

On May 3, 8:37 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Anthony Jones wrote:

> > It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail
> > port in this way.

> abuse this would get otherwise.
>
> Damn! I missed that! Good catch.
> <note to self: read the posts more carefully!>
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

I got it. What I was missing were the following 3 lines within With
cdoConfig.Fields:

..Item(sch & "smtpauthenticate")=1
..Item(sch & "sendusername")="myusername"
..Item(sch & "sendpassword")="mypassword"

Thanks for all your inputs,

Regards,

RON