Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE Treeview Runtime Error

IE Treeview Runtime Error

Alphonse Giambrone

I have been using the IE Treeview for several months and it has been working
fine until recently.
Now on my development machine I get a runtime error when the page loads or
the mouse moves over the node link.
When viewing the webpage from via the webhost, I don't get any error, but
when clicking on the - to collapse a node the entire tree disappears.
On my develoopment machine (IE6, WIN XP Pro), the error is 'Access Denied'.
By debugging, I found that it occurs in treeview.htc in the following
function on the line 'if (oItem.filters.length > 0) '

//
// blurFilter
//
// decreases alpha filter opacity on given node by 50%, adding one if needed
//
function blurFilter(oItem)
{
if (oItem.id == "_tnaccess")
oItem = oItem.all.item("_tntext", 0);
if (oItem.filters.length > 0) //Error here - 'Access is denied'
{
var oFilter =
oItem.filters.item("DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alp ha");
if (oFilter)
{
oFilter.opacity /= 2;
return;
}
}
oItem.style.filter +=
"progidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=5 0,style=0)";
}

I know that I did not change the treeview source files and don't remember
changing anything relating to that control in my project.
Could it have something to do with some recent MS IE update?

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

TIA

--

Alphonse Giambrone
Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us

[MSFT]

Hi Alphonse,

Is you a local administrator on the Windows XP computer? In the IE/Security
setting, if you set local intranet to "low level", will this help?

Luke

Alphonse Giambrone

Thanks Luke.
I had a feeling it had to do with IE settings. I reset my security level to
default and after a reboot, it works ok.

--

Alphonse Giambrone
Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us

"[MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Alphonse,
>
> Is you a local administrator on the Windows XP computer? In the

IE/Security
> setting, if you set local intranet to "low level", will this help?
>
> Luke

[MSFT]

Thank you for the information

Luke