Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > form page random graphics

form page random graphics

shank

What are those boxes called that you see on form pages to ensure that a
human is filling out the form?

They are graphical letters and/or numbers and random?

I need to install one, but don't even know what to saerch on.

thanks!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

shank wrote:
> What are those boxes called that you see on form pages to ensure that
> a human is filling out the form?
>
> They are graphical letters and/or numbers and random?
>
> I need to install one, but don't even know what to saerch on.
>
> thanks!

captcha
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

aaronwmail-usenet@yahoo.com

On Apr 17, 4:32 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> shank wrote:
> > What are those boxes called that you see on form pages to ensure that
> > a human is filling out the form?
> > > thanks!

> captcha

Yep. Please see

http://skimpygimpy.sourceforge.net

for a discussion
and to download a free implementation (in python with
command line tools).

Background Information:

Skimpy is a tool for generating HTML visual,
PNG visual, and WAVE audio representations for
strings which people can understand but which
web robots and other computer programs will
have difficulty understanding. Skimpy is an
example of a Captcha: an acronym for "Completely
Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers
and Humans Apart".

I hope you like!
-- Aaron Watters

===