Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > copy from a word doc on to textarea on asp page

copy from a word doc on to textarea on asp page

sajithkahawatta

i want to know that is it possible to copy from a word document and
paste it on to a textarea on a asp page.
when i do it normally bullets are not paste as it is .
it is changed into different symbol( inverted ?). how can i overcome
this problem

Evertjan.

sajithkahawatta wrote on 16 apr 2007 in

> i want to know that is it possible to copy from a word document and
> paste it on to a textarea on a asp page.
> when i do it normally bullets are not paste as it is .
> it is changed into different symbol( inverted ?). how can i overcome
> this problem

[Why do you post this 4 times?]

Do you mean serverside?

If you mean copy and pasting by the user,
which I fear,
it has nothing to do with asp,
and you better ask a clientside NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

sajithkahawatta

it is from clientside . what you mean by clientside NG.?
is there no way to covert word format to html (i think this is what
should happen there ).

Evertjan.

sajithkahawatta wrote on 17 apr 2007 in

> it is from clientside . what you mean by clientside NG.?
> is there no way to covert word format to html (i think this is what
> should happen there ).

What are you talkeng about and who are you responding to?

This is usenet, not email, please quote what you are reacting on.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Trevor L.

Evertjan. wrote:
> sajithkahawatta wrote on 17 apr 2007 in
>
>> it is from clientside . what you mean by clientside NG.?
>> is there no way to covert word format to html (i think this is what
>> should happen there ).

> What are you talkeng about and who are you responding to?
>
> This is usenet, not email, please quote what you are reacting on.

I have forgotten what this thread is about also.

If you want to paste data from Word into HTML when *designing* the page,
then do a two part operation - paste into Notepad, then paste into your HTML
file.

If you don't mean this, then please post the query again
--
Cheers,
Trevor L

Evertjan.

Trevor L. wrote on 18 apr 2007 in
> Evertjan. wrote:
>> sajithkahawatta wrote on 17 apr 2007 in
>>
>>> it is from clientside . what you mean by clientside NG.?
>>> is there no way to covert word format to html (i think this is what
>>> should happen there ).

>> What are you talkeng about and who are you responding to?
>>
>> This is usenet, not email, please quote what you are reacting on.

> I have forgotten what this thread is about also.

And so you should

> If you want to paste data from Word into HTML when *designing* the
> page, then do a two part operation - paste into Notepad, then paste
> into your HTML file.

and put <pre></pre> around it.

> If you don't mean this, then please post the query again

There is another way which could be automated [with cscript?]:

1 Safe the doc file as .html in that terrible html msword produces.
2 load the file into IE.
3 extract the text using body.innerText.
4 safe that in a html file putting <pre></pre> around it.

.... however all tables will be corrupted and images gone.

====

Still the best in this time and age is using pdf.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.