Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > session variables not working on one machine

session variables not working on one machine

mbosco51@hotmail.com

Hi. I have a website written in asp that uses session variables. On
one workstation the session variable always comes back as an empty
string, like it doesn't exist. What could cause this? Is there a
browser setting or some type of security that can control whether
session variables are created?

Thanks.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> Hi. I have a website written in asp that uses session variables. On
> one workstation the session variable always comes back as an empty
> string, like it doesn't exist. What could cause this? Is there a
> browser setting or some type of security that can control whether
> session variables are created?

Yes. Session cookies need to be enabled. Ask for help with this in a
forum devoted to the browser the user is using.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET