Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > COPY field values?? Need Ideas!

COPY field values?? Need Ideas!

Maximus

I have an issue and I am not sure what the best resolution would be.
Currently I have an .asp page that looks for a record in an Access
table (tbl_WJS_Input) where the week ending date is mm/dd/yyyy and
JobNumber is 12345. If the 12345 job number doesn't exist with that
particular week ending date the record is created. The page then
displays the form fields to allow the user to update the fields in the
table.

Fields in the table are as follows:

jobNumber - integer
weekEndingDate - date
currentHoursA - text
currentHoursB - text
reportRequired1 - yes/no
reportRequired1b - yes/no
reportSubmitted1 - yes/no
reportSubmitted1b - yes/no

This week ending date changes every Friday. Currently, if a user
brings up the .asp page the week ending date is 4/5/2007, tomorrow
(Friday) the week ending date will change to 4/12/2007. So, tomorrow
when the user brings up the .asp page it will want to create the new
record with the 4/12/2007 weekending date. I need to grab the yes/no
settings of the week ending 4/5/2007 recordset. I am not sure how to
go about doing that?

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Maximus wrote:
> I have an issue and I am not sure what the best resolution would be.
> Currently I have an .asp page that looks for a record in an Access
> table (tbl_WJS_Input) where the week ending date is mm/dd/yyyy and
> JobNumber is 12345. If the 12345 job number doesn't exist with that
> particular week ending date the record is created. The page then
> displays the form fields to allow the user to update the fields in the
> table.
>
> Fields in the table are as follows:
>
> jobNumber - integer
> weekEndingDate - date
> currentHoursA - text
> currentHoursB - text
> reportRequired1 - yes/no
> reportRequired1b - yes/no
> reportSubmitted1 - yes/no
> reportSubmitted1b - yes/no
>

> This week ending date changes every Friday. Currently, if a user
> brings up the .asp page the week ending date is 4/5/2007, tomorrow
> (Friday) the week ending date will change to 4/12/2007. So, tomorrow
> when the user brings up the .asp page it will want to create the new
> record with the 4/12/2007 weekending date. I need to grab the yes/no
> settings of the week ending 4/5/2007 recordset. I am not sure how to
> go about doing that?

Insert into tbl_WJS_Input
select * from tbl_WJS_Input
where weekEndingDate = #2007-04-05#