Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Operation must use an updateable query - local server error

Operation must use an updateable query - local server error

Stevio

I am using Windows XP Pro, and since I updated to Internet Explorer 7 I am
having problems getting web sites to work on my PC in Internet Explorer
using the local IIS web server. These web sites are using ASP and Access
databases.

The two errors I get are:
Operation must use an updateable query
or
Cannot modify the design of table 'TABLE_NAME'. It is in a read-only
database

Does anyone know how I can get this working so I can test my web sites
locally before uploading them to the live sites?

Thanks,
Stephen

Bob Barrows [MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2062

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Stevio

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Stevio wrote:
>> The two errors I get are:
>> Operation must use an updateable query
>> or
>> Cannot modify the design of table 'TABLE_NAME'. It is in a read-only
>> database
>>
>> Does anyone know how I can get this working so I can test my web sites
>> locally before uploading them to the live sites?

> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2062

Thanks Bob, I found the answers from that link, your help was much
appreciated.