Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error running ASP in IIS

Error running ASP in IIS

glbdev@gmail.com

I am trying to run an ASP page in IIS 6.0 and I keep getting one of
two errors:

-2147467259 (0x80004005)
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

I have Win XP. It's been running fine for a long time and then
yesterday, for no apparent reason, I get this. I've tried the links
to asp.faq that I've seen others post and nothing works.

As a test, I created a simple ASP page with just '<%
Response.Write("Hello") %>' in it and still the error occurs so it's
not a scripting or database problem. DotNet seems to run fine and I
can run HTML pages, I also have Apache and can run PHP scripts with no
problem ... everything except classic ASP.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy and I need IIS running because I
am falling behind in my work. As I mentioned, I've been running ASP
scripts on this machine for years and have never seen this problem.

Thanks,
Steve