Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > how to get the ip address & country of the webpage visitor

how to get the ip address & country of the webpage visitor

bush

hi everyone!
i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
thanx in advance.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

bush wrote:
> hi everyone!
> i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
> visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
> thanx in advance.

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Having said that, I suspect the answer you receive there will be the same as
the one you would get here:
ask the visitor to tell you, especially if it's important for you to know
what country they are browsing from. There is a reason that many
international companies such as UPS and FedEx ask their visitors to select
their country on the opening screen of their websites.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

wiefkers@gmail.com

On Apr 2, 6:23 am, "bush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi everyone!
> i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
> visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
> thanx in advance.

You can also show an image on your website to show <a
href="www.findmyipaddress.info">visitor IP address and country flag</
a>. Just go to the website <a
href="www.findmyipaddres.info">findmyipaddress.inf o</a>. copy the code
and paste it in your website. save you the time to write the code.

bush

On Apr 19, 5:14 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Apr 2, 6:23 am, "bush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > hi everyone!
> > i want to get the ipaddress,and the country name of a webpage
> > visitor,using asp.Net(C#).if anyone knows about it,plz rply me.
> > thanx in advance.

> You can also show an image on your website to show <a
> href="www.findmyipaddress.info">visitor IP address and country flag</
> a>. Just go to the website <a
> href="www.findmyipaddres.info">findmyipaddress.inf o</a>. copy the code
> and paste it in your website. save you the time to write the code.

the code u send me just redirected to the findipaddress site,and
display the info about country,ip etc.its not my requirement.i have to
get this information for some further manipulations,so tell me how i
can get these values?