Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > recordset being displayed isn't refreshed

recordset being displayed isn't refreshed

brendan.wong@gmail.com

hi. i've created a simple web app that allows users to enter in
information about a project in a web form and save that information to
a database (Access). After a user enters in all the information, she
can click on a link to go to an index.asp page that displays all the
projects that have been added.

the problem i'm having occurs after the user enters in all their
project information. when the user goes to the index page, the index
page is suppposed to retrieve all records and display them, but it
doesn't. even after hitting the Refresh button in the browser, it
won't display the latest project that the user just entered. however,
if i add a second project and then go back to the index page, it will
work fine and display both the first and second projects. so, it's
like the first project won't be displayed until i enter in another
project after it (like the first project is stuck). does anyone know
what the problem may be?

thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> hi. i've created a simple web app that allows users to enter in
> information about a project in a web form and save that information to
> a database (Access). After a user enters in all the information, she
> can click on a link to go to an index.asp page that displays all the
> projects that have been added.
>
> the problem i'm having occurs after the user enters in all their
> project information. when the user goes to the index page, the index
> page is suppposed to retrieve all records and display them, but it
> doesn't. even after hitting the Refresh button in the browser, it
> won't display the latest project that the user just entered. however,
> if i add a second project and then go back to the index page, it will
> work fine and display both the first and second projects. so, it's
> like the first project won't be displayed until i enter in another
> project after it (like the first project is stuck). does anyone know
> what the problem may be?

It sounds like you're butting heads with the Jet optimization feature
called "delayed-write caching". See here how to deal with it:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240317
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200300

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

brendan.wong@gmail.com

yes, i'm opening and closing all my connections.

thank you all for your feedback!