Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Transfer Database Output To Another Website

Transfer Database Output To Another Website

rn5a@rediffmail.com

Assume that there's a website named www.abc.com. There are 2 ASP files
& one MS-Access database file in this site. The 1st ASP file is named
"SearchForm.asp" & the 2nd ASP file is named "SearchResult.asp".
"SearchForm.asp" houses a Form with a select list & 2 TextBoxes. The
select list is populated from a MS-Access database table.

When the Form is submitted, the user is taken to "SearchResult.asp"
which retrieves & displays the records that match the criteria that
the user selected in the select list & the text they entered in the 2
TextBoxes in "SearchForm.asp".

Now the records that "SearchResult.asp" retrieves & displays - I want
to display these records in a ASP file named "ShowData.asp" which
exists in another website named www.xyz.com.

Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
www.abc.com/SearchResult.asp in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp....

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> Assume that there's a website named www.abc.com. There are 2 ASP files
> & one MS-Access database file in this site. The 1st ASP file is named
> "SearchForm.asp" & the 2nd ASP file is named "SearchResult.asp".
> "SearchForm.asp" houses a Form with a select list & 2 TextBoxes. The
> select list is populated from a MS-Access database table.
>
> When the Form is submitted, the user is taken to "SearchResult.asp"
> which retrieves & displays the records that match the criteria that
> the user selected in the select list & the text they entered in the 2
> TextBoxes in "SearchForm.asp".
>
> Now the records that "SearchResult.asp" retrieves & displays - I want
> to display these records in a ASP file named "ShowData.asp" which
> exists in another website named www.xyz.com.
>
> Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
> www.abc.com/SearchResult.asp in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp....

Sure. Submit them via hidden fields in a form on SearchResult.asp or
pass them via the querystring.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

rn5a@rediffmail.com

On Mar 22, 5:54 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Assume that there's a website namedwww.abc.com. There are 2 ASP files
> > & one MS-Access database file in this site. The 1st ASP file is named
> > "SearchForm.asp" & the 2nd ASP file is named "SearchResult.asp".
> > "SearchForm.asp" houses a Form with a select list & 2 TextBoxes. The
> > select list is populated from a MS-Access database table.

> > When the Form is submitted, the user is taken to "SearchResult.asp"
> > which retrieves & displays the records that match the criteria that
> > the user selected in the select list & the text they entered in the 2
> > TextBoxes in "SearchForm.asp".

> > Now the records that "SearchResult.asp" retrieves & displays - I want
> > to display these records in a ASP file named "ShowData.asp" which
> > exists in another website namedwww.xyz.com.

> > Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
> >http://www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspi...m/ShowData.asp....

> Sure. Submit them via hidden fields in a form on SearchResult.asp or
> pass them via the querystring.
> --
> Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
> quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

Bob, what if the "SearchResult.asp" page retrieves, say, 200 records &
I need to paginate the records, say, 10 records at a time & then
display those records in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp?

How do I submit so much data from www.abc.com/ShowResult.asp to
www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp using hidden fields or querystrings?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Is there any way by which I can display the records generated by
>>> http://www.abc.com/SearchResult.aspi...m/ShowData.asp....

>> Sure. Submit them via hidden fields in a form on SearchResult.asp or
>> pass them via the querystring.

> Bob, what if the "SearchResult.asp" page retrieves, say, 200 records &
> I need to paginate the records, say, 10 records at a time & then
> display those records in www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp?
>
> How do I submit so much data from www.abc.com/ShowResult.asp to
> www.xyz.com/ShowData.asp using hidden fields or querystrings?

You can use an xml string. Or you can pass whatever parameters that
Showdata.asp needs to retrieve the data from the database.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET