Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session Management

Session Management

thejamie

Being new at web in general and starting in over my head
(http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/Upload...bGardenVb.aspx),
I'm hoping to get some general direction on implementing an interface. In
the article above, there are public listings of two interfaces Session and
SessionManager.

Specifically I am receiving this error:

Error 1 Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared
method or shared member initializer without an explicit instance of the
class. C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\Default.as px.vb 41 12 SQLPoorMon

AND

a bunch of these:
Error 10 Class 'SessionManager' must implement 'Function createSessionId()
As String' for interface
'ISessionManager'. C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SessionMan ager.vb 18 16 SQLPoorMon

I am unsure of a method of dealing with an interface. For example, does the
declaration of the interface belong in the default.aspx or should it reside
in with the SessionManager class? How is the interface implemented? Is
there a call required from default.aspx similar to what might occur using a
WithEvents call? Does the interface need to be pre-registered in the GAC
before it can be implemented?

Help appreciated.
--
Regards,
Jamie

Anthony Jones

"thejamie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Being new at web in general and starting in over my head

(http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/Upload...ebGardenVb1110
2005083632AM/SessionWebGardenVb.aspx),
> I'm hoping to get some general direction on implementing an interface. In
> the article above, there are public listings of two interfaces Session and
> SessionManager.
>
> Specifically I am receiving this error:
>
> Error 1 Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from within a shared
> method or shared member initializer without an explicit instance of the
> class. C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\Default.as px.vb 41 12

SQLPoorMon

> AND
>
> a bunch of these:
> Error 10 Class 'SessionManager' must implement 'Function createSessionId()
> As String' for interface
> 'ISessionManager'.

C:\VB8\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SQLPoorMon\SessionMan ager.vb 18 16 SQLPoorMon

> I am unsure of a method of dealing with an interface. For example, does

the
> declaration of the interface belong in the default.aspx or should it

reside
> in with the SessionManager class? How is the interface implemented? Is
> there a call required from default.aspx similar to what might occur using

> WithEvents call? Does the interface need to be pre-registered in the GAC
> before it can be implemented?
>
> Help appreciated.

Try asking in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

this group here is for Classic ASP