Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > HTML Coding query

HTML Coding query

telsave

Hi Hope someone out there can help me. I have just developed my first
WEB page to sell an ebook I have written. I have of course included a
squeeze page to capture details but what I am looking for is the
coding I can put into the squeeze page so that if someone leaves my
site by clicking the little cross in the corner without entering their
details they are taken to my Sales page automatically.

Obviously id they complete their details they are taken via the
autoresponder to my sales page but it would be nice to take them there
if they click away from my site almost like and exit pop under.

regards

Dave

Mike Brind

"telsave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi Hope someone out there can help me. I have just developed my first
> WEB page to sell an ebook I have written. I have of course included a
> squeeze page to capture details but what I am looking for is the
> coding I can put into the squeeze page so that if someone leaves my
> site by clicking the little cross in the corner without entering their
> details they are taken to my Sales page automatically.
>
> Obviously id they complete their details they are taken via the
> autoresponder to my sales page but it would be nice to take them there
> if they click away from my site almost like and exit pop under.

First, this isn't the right group for client-side questions.

Second, most browsers employ pop-up killers to stop people being irritated
by the kind of thing you want to do, so it won't work.

Third, if someone has made the decision that they are not interested enough
in your proposition to provide their details, do you really think that
forcing them to a sales page will change their mind? The Internet is not a
Push medium. You can't shove your virtual foot in someone's doorway in the
hope that they will buy just to get rid of you.

Nevertheless, if you want to go this way, try comp.lang.javascript.

Just make sure to put on your ultra-thick-skin coat before you do.

"Squeeze" page ....for crying out loud.

--
Mike Brind

tg

"telsave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi Hope someone out there can help me. I have just developed my first
> WEB page to sell an ebook I have written. I have of course included a
> squeeze page to capture details but what I am looking for is the
> coding I can put into the squeeze page so that if someone leaves my
> site by clicking the little cross in the corner without entering their
> details they are taken to my Sales page automatically.
>
> Obviously id they complete their details they are taken via the
> autoresponder to my sales page but it would be nice to take them there
> if they click away from my site almost like and exit pop under.
>
> regards
>
> Dave
> (E-Mail Removed)

Put this type of stuff in place (forcing folks to an undesired page) and
watch how fast people abandon your site - forever!